Benefits and Value of ISO 45001:2018 Certification
Is ISO 45001:2018 certification worth the effort for your company?
As consultants in ISO 45001:2018 certification, we have firsthand knowledge of the long-term, benefits of ISO 45001 implementation. We also know it isn’t for every organization as well.
Key Questions to Ask Before Considering ISO 45001:2018
- What are the internal expectations of your company and do they align with the goals of certification?
- Are you a suitable candidate for becoming registered to the ISO 45001 standard?
- Do you have the resources and team in place to commit to the process and see it through to the end?
The decision to become ISO 45001 certified should not be made lightly. However, there are many benefits. The ISO 9000 Group can provide you with the right guidance to achieve your company’s successful certification.
The Value of ISO 45001:2018 Certification
Many large companies today require proof of ISO 45001 or ISO 14000 certification during the pre-bid process and will not take bids from suppliers that do not have these certifications. Especially when a US federal contract is involved this may come into play. In addition, corporations soliciting Request for Procurement RFP(s) from suppliers will often make proof of certification part of the bidding specifications.
This has spurred additional interest in acquiring this particular change management and quality improvement process certification. For companies with certified Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Program (RMP) systems, we can perform a pre-assessment and advise your organization where changes within your current systems are needed to meet the ISO 45001:2018 requirements.
The occupational health and safety standard provides a way for an impartial third party to measure and assess the management system of a company and their level of dedication to workplace safety and worker’s well being.
If an organization applies the ISO 45001:2018 requirements and defines and documents its processes, conducts training and properly implements the quality management system. Below are the main benefits that we believe will be realized:
- Competitive advantage and elevated status in the business arena Through ISO 45001, you can establish a system to identify, solve and prevent problems, continuously improving your operation. As more and more companies achieve ISO 45001:2018 those that do not hold certification may lose some of their abilities to compete.
- Reduced insurance premiums Insurance studies show that certified companies see positive changes to their productivity and efficiency, while reducing cost of insurance. We can show your organization how to position your organization to leverage your certification and request a reduction in insurance premium cost.
- Less work related health issues Employee loss time and accident figures are reduced to allow your organization to be more effective and productive. The certification also creates the proper platform for initiating employee health incentive programs.
- Expanded markets and increased sales ISO 45001:2018 certification once achieved also provides the front door for your organization to enter a new community of customers, and also further grow this base of new customers once your organization has earned certification. We can show you how to implement this result.
- Improved employee morale The financial impact of public ire has made itself felt and companies are making changes that reflect a sense of social responsibility to their workers and stockholders; along with the willingness to comply with new government legislation on business risk and transparency. ISO 45001 compliance provides the basic structure for many organizations to achieve the aforementioned goals.
- Reduced costs Studies prove that the reduced costs and increased production experienced by the corporations that have conformed to the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 have made the expense in time and effort well worth doing. The flow of capital, in the terms of thousands of dollars per month that previously drained company coffers due to unrealized and unresolved risk factors can be reduced. Employee loss time accident figures also decline markedly in many cases.
Risk management plays an important role in the success of ISO 45001:2018. See how ISO 45001:2018 and Risk Management can support your organization’s goal of quality management system certification.
Continue to Supports 14000 and Risk Management